Friday, February 10, 2012

Beneath The Weeping Willow ( a poem)


                   
Looking for the peace I seek, I sit beside your darkened feet
I wait until the death has passed, to lift my eyes and breathe at last.
Your weeping branches brush my cheek, wrap my legs and touch my feet,
Until the time for me is clear, I let you brush away each tear.

I let your tender leaves surround, my burdened body on this ground
And wait until you see times fit, for life to live and spirits lift.
I sit beside you very near and bear the rush of winds
 And while your branches sweep death passed, the earth remains my friend.

Looking through green windows clear, I spy a figure drawing near,
He walks along the hill beyond, and carries with Him a different song.
 I wonder at His shining eyes, how far He spreads beneath blue skies.
 I wonder will He make it here, to draw me close and stop shed tears.

 I wonder that He even knows death was here not long ago.
His shadows path does cross my own, how it does so is not known
 For truths door is found above dry ground, and heaven holds the key.





No comments:

Post a Comment